Project finance and Public-Private Partnership (PPP)
Dmitry Raev holds the position of Principal Associate in the Project Finance and Public-Private Partnership Practice at Capital Legal Services.
Dmitry specializes in developing organizational legal models of project financing and in legal support of large-scale investment and infrastructure projects (including based on concession and other PPP mechanisms). He also heads public-private partnership projects and projects on comprehensive territory development and construction and reconstruction of infrastructure.
Dmitry advises clients on project financing, concluding contracts on public-private partnership, provides support for clients during pre-qualification and tenders, and cooperates with financing organizations and international banks.
Dmitry has extensive legal knowledge and experience in representing companies in the Commercial Arbitration Court, allowing him to propose comprehensive solutions using the precepts of corporate, financial and other laws, as well as legislation on real estate and construction.
Additionally, Dmitry has broad experience in supporting real estate and construction projects. Dmitry advises clients on issues concerning construction based on FIDIC standards, acquiring and leasing out real estate facilities and land plots, preparing agreements and other documentation.
Chambers Europe recommends Dmitry for projects in the real estate sector.
- Supporting conclusion of a PPP agreement and FIDIC contract between a major Russian bank and group of foreign investors on constructing and reconstructing a water supply system in St. Petersburg;
- Advising an international investment fund in connection with acquiring seven business centers in Moscow and St. Petersburg;
- Advising banks in connection with concluding agreements with borrowing companies. As part of these transactions, the following actions were performed: participation in drafting loan agreements, preparation of mortgage agreements, pledge of stock/shares and other financial agreements;
- Advising clients in connection with acquiring land plots, factories, premises and buildings in Russia (including preparation of due diligence reports in relation to facilities being acquired, preparing real estate sale and purchase agreements, advice on issues regarding construction and zoning);
- Advising agro-industrial companies in connection with acquiring agricultural land in Russia;
- Advising a Russian industrial holding in connection with conclusion of a FIDIC contract with a French contractor for building a plant in Rostov-na-Donu;
- Advising a Russian financial and banking group in connection with building a multifunctional complex in Moscow based on a FIDIC contract.
- State University - the Higher School of Economics. Department of Law (2004, Specialist in Law)